What is a Mombassador?
A mombassador for Sarasota Moms Blog Mom Tribe Groups is outgoing, friendly and familiar with the area. Our ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail and a passion for connecting with other moms, as well as a passion for SRQ. This is currently a volunteer role that we view as an opportunity to gain experience coordinating events and building community. Additionally, it’s a chance to be more involved with SMB and our community. There may be chances for additional perks!
- Work closely with Lauren Haney, founding owner, to inform of informal play dates and meet ups. Additionally, helping figuring out places to meet, events happening in the area, etc. for the entire Blog
- Plan and attend SMB play dates and meet ups that you create for you Mom Tribe group (roughly one to two per month). This does not include all the informal meetings that may be planned within the group, as you will not be expected to attend all of those.
- Help facilitate connections in the Facebook group by:
- Approving and welcoming new members into the neighborhood group
- Facilitating any discussions through questions and sharing of information
- Support the group by helping moms with local information and encouragement
- On an ongoing basis intervening (e.g. deleting comments or inappropriate content) as needed. If ever something is over your head, then please reach out to Lauren for potential additional support.
- As relevant, share SMB blog posts to the neighborhood group, including events / giveaways / sponsor information, using judgment to ensure SMB avoids the perception of “spamming”
- Provide SMB Owner with feedback and insight on the events (including sharing the event with Lauren to make sure there is no overlap with larger SMB events).
- Represent Sarasota Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Overall, be engaged in the group and be committed to the mission of bringing together and supporting moms in all of Sarasota and the surrounding towns.
Want to be a Mombassador?
Fill out the form below; we are on the search!