Sarasota Moms Blog, LLC, is excited to be expanding our executive team and adding an Sales Coordinator! As a business built on a desire to build community amongst moms in Sarasota, Bradenton, and Venice, this is an important role in the success of that mission. Below you will find information regarding the position.
Please note this is a commission based position. Any questions, please email Lauren at [email protected]
Sales Coordinator Job Description
General Job Responsibilities:
- Solicits new business from organizations that would attract area moms and families (e.g. health care, child care, retail, activities, lawyers, other products/services, etc.)
- Regularly meets mutually agreed upon monthly sales goal
- Manages and responds to new incoming sponsorship inquiries related to ads, sponsored blog posts, social media campaigns, giveaways, etc.
- Works with sponsoring businesses and blog contributors to gather necessary media (ad images, sponsored post content, social media posts, giveaways, etc.)
- Builds supportive, ongoing relationships with sponsors, (e.g. sending results of campaigns and writing thank you’s etc.)
- Delegates and/or executes all advertising campaigns (e.g. initiates invoicing process, receives image from advertiser, coordinates with writers of sponsored posts, plans social media posts, handles all necessary follow ups, etc.)
- Assists in selling sponsorship packages for events
- Proven track record of sales success
- Expert negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain quality relationships with local business
- Ability to develop sales leads via cold calling and cold emailing
- Experience with and utilizing Hubspot or alternate CRM tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs for record keeping and reporting purposes
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Represents Sarasota Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times and a clear passion for the mission of Sarasota Moms Blog, its readership and its community groups
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal); impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours or sooner when timeliness becomes necessary)
- Traditional Sales is defined as all online sales with the exception of sponsored guides: image ads, sponsored posts, social media promotion, giveaways, etc.
- With guidance from Owner, seek sponsorship from local businesses in order to secure sponsorship and involvement.
- Solicit involvement by means of email and phone calls.
- Manage all aspects of communication with sponsors
- Coordinate with Content Direct with the involvement of writers for sponsored posts, including ensuring their understanding of expectations and timelines
Content Based Sales (Sponsored Guides):
- Content Based Sales is defined as local guides, blog series, gift guides and other content attached to a sponsor
- Sales Coordinator understands that she will receive compensation for any sponsored content under the definition of Content Based Sales that she has direct involvement in and owns from beginning to end.
- With guidance from Owner, seek sponsorship from local businesses that fit business strategy within specific content guides.
- Manage all aspects of communication with sponsors.
- Sales Coordinator is solely responsible for promoting each brand on each of SMB’s social platforms throughout the promotional period for each guide.
- Sponsorship Director will lead the creation of sponsored guides with guidance from Owner
- Event Sales is defined as any revenue for event involvement that is passed onto the Event Coordinator for completion. Event Coordinator will pursue event sponsors, while Sales Coordinator will inform any sponsors engaged in current conversations about advertising of event opportunities.
- Commission only. No cap. Unlimited upside potential
- More information on specific percentage of commissions will be given at the time of an interview
- Free admission to all Sarasota Moms Blog hosted/sponsored events, as well as free admission for your families where possible and relevant. Sarasota Moms Blog will always make its best effort to secure an event swag bag.
- Your photo and bio on Sarasota Moms Blog Executive Team Page
- New friendships, connections, and endless support from the Sarasota Moms Blog team.